Thursday, July 31, 2008

Wow


I'm not a history buff but there is something about old historic wreckage/remains that really interests me. So when I saw photos of this, I was amazed!! It's a memorial site for the USS Arizona at Pearl Harbor....right above the Arizona herself. Apparently the ship was full of millions of gallons of fuel when she went down in '41 and still leaks oil to this day. The Arizona took more men down with it than any other vessel in US Naval history.

I just thought I'd share it.

2 comments:

Rey O said...

Hey there Chris,

I have an interest in wreckage too, although actually its more like ancient rubble and debris.

lets talk. haha.

I think it's kind of crazy that this thing steal leaks oil today, thats bad!

Chris Coles said...

Finally, someone who understands me. :D

I really like your pieces with rubble and now it all makes perfect sense. We should hit up a ruins tour!

Thanks rey!