Sunday, October 19, 2008


Ok, So here's introducing my crazy, crazy first semester interpretive series...
It's called "How the West Was II" Its about a cowboy named Thompson, who, due to some wierd loophole in time/space, is fighting in WWII. It is a comedy series. It is also an excuse for me to poke fun at American bravado and pay tribute to the great American Illustrators of the early 20th century.
I have just a little bit more to do on this piece. Rick Sealock, my instructor this semester has really pushed me to make this project something I'm really happy with.

7 comments:

JuanCarlos said...

I love the concept!! and somehow everything fits together, I cant wait to see what you come up with next cowboy!! get it? no too much? ok..

Irma Kniivila said...

That is possibly the greatest description of anything I have ever heard.

In my life.

pete ryan said...

this is awesome!!!

Simon Kim said...

CHRIS...this painting is sick. I love the smoky effects. nice painting. can't wait to see your next level.

Nimit Malavia said...

Cowboys vs Nazis....
hahaha, it just makes me laugh every time I think about it.

The pieces are looking really great Chris! They definitely have like that classic golden age of illustration feel to them...can't wait to see more!

Chris Coles said...

Thanks for the comments everyone. I just had to go with this theme because it made me laugh but also strangley inspired numerous ideas from the start.

Yuta Onoda said...

stong piece! stongest piece this year!
show me more!