Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Unit






Here is an old idea I had from school. Originally, it was conceived for a class instructed by Rick Sealock. The project was meant to be an exercise in not-so-appropriate imagery. Something shocking or risky. It was among the first of many roughs which may or may not have even made it to the teacher's hands. To be honest, I can't remember what article this image was first based on.
To me however this image came to represent the mentality of soldiers who function as a unit or singular cause. I imagine there is a lot of individuality lost in being a soldier.The mask represents this loss. On the other hand, a great deal of strength comes from unity. Naturally, an unfortunate loss of accountability can be a side-effect.

4 comments:

Simon Kim said...

wow, fresh confident brush strokes.
I love that move.

JuanCarlos said...

lovin the look of this !!!!
full of honor? full of honors?

Nimit Malavia said...

I love the harsh blacks on the colors, really nice contrast buddy!

...whoa, kind of racist, non?

Yuta Onoda said...

Great work Chris!
Upgraded!!